5th Congressional District Art Competition April 22nd through June
Exhibit of works will be on display at the Bergen Museum Gallery 1
If your school is in one of the towns listed below, you are invited to participate through your high school.
Work will be exhibited at the Bergen Museum during the Competition in a group exhibit.
If you are not in District 5 contact your local Congressional District office.
5th District Towns
–> Download the following two forms: Guidelines & Student Application Form
Bergen County: Allendale, Alpine, Bergenfield, Closter, Cresskill, Demarest, Dumont, Emerson, Franklin Lakes, Glen Rock, Harrington Park, Haworth, Hillsdale, Ho-Ho-Kus, Mahwah, Midland Park, Montvale, Northvale, New Milford, Norwood, Oakland, Old Tappan, Oradell, Paramus, Park Ridge, Ramsey, Ridgewood, River Edge, River Vale, Rochelle Park, Saddle River, Tenafly, Upper Saddle River, Waldwick, Washington, Westwood, Woodcliff Lake, and Wyckoff
Passaic: Bloomingdale, Ringwood, Wanaque, and West Milford
Sussex County: Andover Borough, Andover Township, Branchville, Frankford, Franklin, Fredon, Green, Hamburg, Hampton, Hardyston, Lafayette, Montague, Newton, Ogdensburg Sandyston, part of Sparta, Stillwater, Sussex, Vernon, Walpack, and Wantage
Warren: Allamuchy, Alpha, Asbury, Belvidere, Blairstown, Bloomsbury, Broadway, Buttzville, Changewater, Columbia, Delaware Park, Franklin, Frelinghuysen, Great Meadows, Greenwich, Hackettstown, Hardwick, Harmony, Hope, Independence, Johnsonburg, Knowlton, Liberty, Lopatcong, Mansfield, Oxford, Phillipsburg, Pohatcong, Port Murray, Stewartsville, Vienna, Washington Borough, Washington Township, and White
Congressional Art Competition Procedures
1. Please review and understand the guidelines and specifications of this program – download above.
2. Teachers and parents; have each student fill out an application. Please forward a copy of each application to: Office of Congressman Scott Garrett, Attn: Liz Coventry, 93 Main Street, Newton, NJ 07860-2056.
3. Artwork can begin immediately after the application is completed and existing art within the guidelines can also be submitted.
4. Artwork must be completed and delivered on or before May 13th (Extended Date) to be displayed and judged in the Bergen Museum galleries. Accompanied by a copy of the application form.
5. One entry from each county will be selected to be submitted for final judging.
6 At the time of final judging, one entry will be selected to be displayed in the corridors below the Capitol Complex in Washington, DC.
7 A reception will be held in each county at the time of selection of the county winner
8 A reception will be held for the announcement of the district winner.